How often does you child (or your children) get sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Almost never. Which is weird because she was such a tiny preemie and we were told to keep her out of child care situations or the nursery at church because they felt her immune system couldn't handle it. We also got in the habbit of getting the flu shot every year. She has never been sick for more than one day and never had a fever higher than 101 in her life. She is 10 now and very healthy.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Very rarely. I have 3 kids (one in school and two in daycare). They've all had some mild colds and allergy issues, but as far as being sick enough to run a fever or have stomach issues (sick enough to miss school or daycare), that has happened maybe 4 or 5 times between the 3 of them in the past year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Almost never, maybe once or twice a year.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My 3 year old has had the flu once and a cold maybe 3 times in his life.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Very rarely. And when they do get sick it's usually just a cold (runny nose, cough, slight sore throat) and goes away after a day. My 7yo missed just 1 day of school last year. My 9yo missed about 4 and all of those were faked. My 8yo son missed a bunch but most had to do with migraines. He also had the flu last year. It was the first time any of them had ever had the flu and he was better in a few days (I caught it from him and was sick for 2 weeks). We've also had just 1 ear infection between 4 kids and that was my oldest last summer (just after turning 9).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• 5 and 2.5 and hardly ever. However when they do they pass it back and forth for a few weeks before it's gone!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• my kids rarely get sick, and when they do it is usually a cold. two weeks ago the kids got pink eye and colds. it took a week for the 4 big kids to get it and get over it. the last bad cold was last spring.
    my kids have never been medicated. no tylenol, motrin or antibiotics. we don't do vaccines either. never a flu shot and never a flu.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My son is 1.5 and he's been sick .. twice with head colds.
    My daughter is six months and she's been six once.

Both of them were sick in early January and haven't been sick since then.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Other than a slight stuffy nose, maybe every 18-24 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• They get upper respitory colds maybe once a year. Occasionally twice but it never lasts long.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010