Huge, swollen and red!

My daughter got bitten by a mosquito yesterday, on her forhead (between her eyes), her cheek, and her thumb. She tells me they hurt and wont let me touch them! They are HUGE, should i give her some benydryl or something? Im trying to get ahold of my sister, but she isnt answering, cuz her son's mosquito bites got huge like this last summer, but i couldnt remember what she did with him. . . Any help would be awesome and AMAZING cuz im not freaking out, but im worried if they will get bigger

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 10:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They hurt? Not itch? Could be an infection, especially since they are getting larger. If they itch and are not getting larger calamine lotion.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• calamine lotion, she is itching them but she says they are a boo boo and is wary to let me even kiss them, which she does with ALL her 'boo'boos', real or imaginay. im going to try calamine lotion i think i have somewhere in this house
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i know several kids who are allergic to mosquito bites... and ant bites. maybe give her some benedyl... and if the swelling doesn't go down, maybe make an appt for the dr?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Benadryl sounds good. Or the OTC cortisone cream that you rub on.
    I'd call the dr too, even if you don't end up going in for an appt, let the dr know what happened and maybe they have a suggestion for what to do. Our pedi has a nurse answer line that gives quick advice on small stuff like this to save the hassle of an appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Thank You all for your help. I'm getting ready now to go to the store and get some calimine lotion and to my sister's since she has my baby benedryl from the last time the baby went over there to be baby sat and was sick
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2010