Post partum depression?

Have any of you dealt with this? Did you seek help? What were some of the things that seemed to take the edge off for you? I plan to make an appointment to see someone, but if you know how Tricare works, then you know it's not an easy process and could take a while, lol.

I'm just feeling really alone. My husband doesn't help, I'm a military wife so I'm away from home... I'm just exhausted, I cry constantly, I don't enjoy doing anything. I just feel so helpless. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should start exercising, even if its just some work out videos in your living room. exercise releases endorphins into your body that make you feel happy. its a good release for stress and anxiety.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I do exercise, I forgot to add that. I do a home dvd every day (the 30 day shred, AND I'm getting results, haha)... and I walk with the baby in the evenings for an hour. Just doesn't seem to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Oh I'm sorry hon, it must be hard being a military wife.I was for a short time with my 1st dd but things didn't work out for us so I left that life behind. I remember missing my family sooo much, I was young & I didn't know anyone.I had to move on the otherside of the country.I would reach out to some other moms on base there should be some info. for you to retreive, yes? What about your husbands head commanders wife? Look into the community in the town you live in as well. Some states have support groups through the hospitals, community organizations, maybe some daily exercise , take the baby for a walk everyday, get involved with things that interrest you. It's allot to get used to & I'm sure there are other mama's out there in the same boat but you won't know till you get movin', ~Good Luck stay positive & keep that appointment with the doc, I did take prozac for a while it helped me.' Take a shower *&* go from there~HUGS
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Yes, get help.

You need help and so do so many woman don't be ashamed. You will be so happy that you did. Therapy is the best!!! Eventually, you might not need it as much.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I am also a military wife, but i have not dealt with this, you need to call the Family Advocacy Plan group! They will get you counseling, and you wont have to be afraid to talk! Dont wait it will only get worse!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010