What's your favortie line of makeup? Videos to help you?

Embarrassing to say - I do not really know how to apply makeup properly. :/ I joined an awesome group here and have learned so much in a few weeks. Wanted to ask you all - do you have a favorite line of makeup? And do you watch videos to help you with new looks? If so which ones?

Cafe Chastity

Asked by Cafe Chastity at 11:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I love Cover Girl and most brands at Wal-Mart. If you know what you are doing, they work just fine. I just experiment on my own. I love to draw and paint, so, I treat make-up as such. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I love Urban Decay eye primer. Keeps eye shadow on all day. You can buy it at Sephora. I like Bare Minerals too.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have many favorite brands although now that I have a baby most of them are drugstore brands like L'oreal and Cover Girl. There are a MILLION great how-to videos on You Tube for makeup application - my favorite is Panacea81, Lauren Luke. She does great stuff and is a "real girl".
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• For foundation and lipstick I prefer MAC and for e/s I prefer NYX products
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 11:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• @ BradenIsMySon thanks for that answer. Well I guess you can consider your face the canvas and makeup the paint! :) However, I'm a horrible painter and cannot draw! lol I should probably practice 'painting' on days that I don't need to go outside then huh? :)
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• LOL...yeah, that is when I do try out bolder colors. And different eyeliner techniques.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• BradenISmyson- you look great by the way.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• @ BradenIsMySon - thanks! and i LOVE your look.
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Wow, thanks. I was trying to show you how I out my make-up on. I am wearing purple eyeshadow in the pic.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Are the expensive brands really any better than the less expensive brands like cover girl and mabeline? Aren't you really just paying too much for a label?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2010