Can you bring your 1 year old with you to counseling?

If you had no other options, that is. Would that be okay? I don't go to counseling, I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say no... it is rude to the counselor and I'm sure you wouldn't get anything accomplished
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• If you had no other option yeah, but emotionally there's a lot of junk being spewed out in those sessions and you wouldn't want your child around that. I would bring toys or something to occupy and snacks....maybe even a play pen.
    You would have to talk to the councelor and ask....a lot of the times you can't focus on your problems when your trying to care for a baby at the same time.
    Anonymous

• guess it would depend on the situation. for me I am still breastfeeding at a yr so it would be really hard for me not to bring my little one w/ me
    Anonymous

• I am also breastfeeding on demand, and I want to seek counseling, which is why I asked. It is pretty much impossible for me to leave my LO for more than 30 minutes.
    Anonymous

• I would check with the office, but most have a no kids policy unless they are recieving counseling as well
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It depends....children listen and it is ingrained in their subconscious. They won't know whats going on but it can affect them. A child needs to be in the best possible environment as your able to give.
    gramama4

Answer by gramama4 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010