What day is the sabbath day.

Lets see if our christian sisters know their math.

Jesus dies on friday and rose on the sabbath.

What day did he rise?

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 12:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Sabbath was established long before the birth of Christ. The Sabbath is the 7th day which is Saturday. I thought it was interesting to find out that it was a Catholic Pope who decided to change it to Sunday and that most current religions honor the popes Sabbath and not God's.

Anonymous

• Saturday
    Anonymous

• Sunday... He was dead for three days.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Sunday
    Anonymous

• He didn't rise on the Sabbath, he rose on Sunday.
    Anonymous

• does it really matter what day that was? isn't it more important that we are celebrating/ honoring the sabbath day?...whatever day it is to us? ....that we take a day each week to honor God and go to church, or do whatever we believe we should be doing on the Sabbath???
    Anonymous

• I am Catholic, and Sunday is the Sabbath day because it is the day God rested! Sunday is God's sabbath dya, not Jesus' PlusIf on the third day he rose again that would be a Monday! Black friday then sabbath Monday, it depends on if you refer to God or Jesus! But in reality it is Sabbath Monday!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I agree with anon 12:35. Saturday, Sunday, or whatever day doesn't really matter to me so long as I observe a Sabbath day. My church happens to observe the Sabbath on Sundays.
    Anonymous

• It is Saturday, and the Sunday Easter celebration is another false dogma. Math? Living by a pagan clander still doesn't hide the fast on what day the 7th day falls on. Here is where it has been proven that he did not rise on SUNday.

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• of course it matters, God made it a commandment silly. Its obviously very important.

And are you saying no one should work, or do anything productive everyday? That set aside for sabbath day.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2010