My 2 year old has beautiful curly hair but the ends are pretty dry when I wash it I normally take a blow dryer and just make sure its not wet I think i might be damaging it. i need a goog shampoo cause at this point i have just been using Aveeno baby wash and shampoo any suggestions?

LaLaMommy08

Asked by LaLaMommy08 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's probably the blow drying that is making it dry.
    Just try using a gentle conditioner and letting her hair dry naturally.
    Anonymous

• heat in any form will damage hair. towel blot it dry, comb it out, and let it air dry. Make sure you get her hair trimmed, even if it's just the ends to make sure all that damaged hair is coming off. you could also do a little conditioner on just the ends.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• stop w/ the blow dryer and use a conditioner.
    Anonymous

• I have a blow dryer with a cool shot setting..where it blows cool air rather than hot..maybe you can get something like that to dry her hair to help prevent damaging from the heat?
    I don't know what shampoo you could use on her but what about trying a conditioner?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Burts Bees has an awesome shampoo.

Good tip for blow drying: http://beauty.about.com/od/hairbasics/f/blowdrying.htm

Anonymous

• i use sunsilk in the green bottle on my dd's hair and i just put a little conditioner on there from about her neck down and i comb it with a wide tooth comb and let it air dry, she has beautiful little ringlets :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Never use heat or chemicals on a childs hair!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I started using my "adult shampoo" for my daughter when she was around 2-3 years old since she has such thick hair.....Use a good shampoo and conditioner just like you would use on your own hair and it will be gorgeous, I'm sure!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I started using adult conditioner on my daughter's hair quite young. She always needed good conditioning. Try it, and skip the blow drier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• get one of those dryers that have different settings. mine has hot, low, warm, and cool. I use the warm and cool settings for my daughter's hair. Johnson's baby shampoo should be good enough.
    Anonymous