What do you think about taking a 4.5 yr.old to Disney world and universal

Gherkinsmom

Asked by Gherkinsmom at 12:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we are taking our DS in October, he will be 5 in November
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We want to take our son. he actually asked to go and people keep saying he is too young
    Gherkinsmom

Answer by Gherkinsmom at 12:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I think you have to have realistic expectations... we know we are going to have to have lots of breaks because his little legs will get tired, and that there will be a few meltdowns, but we are prepared :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Make it short but fun days!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• He/she will love it, and so will you!

Answer by older at 12:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It's a perfect age! Have fun. You might want to rent a stroller - it's a lot of walking!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• we went last summer with a 3 yo. She did just fine.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Go for it. We took our DD at age 2.5. She had a complete blast.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm sort of on the fence about it. My SO suggested we take my girls, ages 4 and 5, and in a way I know they'd have a great time with everything to see but they'd get very agitated and cranky with the long lines and my SO and I wouldn't be able to go on any of the big rides which is fine so long as the kids are having fun but it's kind of like torture being so close to all those cool rides and not being able to go on them. We're hoping that we can work out our schedules with my sister and BIL, they have three kids close in age with mine and my SO is also the one who suggested that if we go with another couple we could take turns watching the kids, and do things together and that it would also be easier gving the kids breaks between things - I als suggested bringing along my folks so me and SO can do stuff with my sister and BIL without all the kids. My sister and I also have a bet to see who can get the most stuff out of dad.
    Anonymous

• I think you should do it. It's a fine age. There are lots of rides he can do... in fact there are lots of rides that anyone can go on, even an infant. Just rent one of those big strollers they have in case he gets tired. Have fun!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010