How many days of swim lessons did it take until your child moved up from the beginner level?

It's time to sign up for lessons, but I'm not sure how many sessions to sign up and pay for. She's 7 and so far over the last 2 years she has taken 3 beginner sessions. How long did it take for your child to move on to the nest level?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• HA! For my son...let me tell you. We went to about 3 lessons TOTAL. He was little mister no it all, did not want to follow the intructors rules or intructions. He ran, jumped off on the deep end and just started swimming. He gave us all a heart attack. I decided lessons were not the right way to go with him,LOL. I just let him swim his own way.
    I on the other hand took swimming lessons when I was a kid and I loved it. But I was a pretty slow learner with it, I was kinda scared of the deep water,lol. I think I took the beginner course about 3 times before moving to the next level.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• well heck my two older ones went to a great redcross class that promised they would be swimmers after 2 weeks. Great class went from non swimmers to deep water swimming in that time. My 4 yo has swim lessons this summer for 2 weeks. Can't keep her out of the pool at home yet she won't get into the water for anything. GRRRRRRR! It all depends on the kid.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2010