28 weeks and no weight gain?

Im 28 weeks tomorrow and I still havent gained a pound! My start out weight was 197lbs so I was big but I have lost almost 30 lbs my first 20 weeks of pregnancy. I went up 4lbs at my 24 week check up but today at my appt im back down 5lbs! I dont get this? I went from 123lbs to 160 lbs with my 1st and from 135lbs to 170lbs with my 2nd. I have my sugar test today in a few hours but other then that test my doctor isnt doing anything until next week and told me I should try and eat a extra meal a day but I already eat alot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was considered overweight when I got pregnant with my LO, I lost weight when I was pregnant with him, I ate what I could, I ate at least 3 meals and didn't gain a pound I weighed the same when I delivered that I weighed before I got pregnant, I was actually a few pounds less when I went in to deliver, bad news though for me is that I've managed to put on the weight I lost after my pregnancy, that part sucks! I guess I just forgot I didn't have a baby there to suck the life out of me anymore!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I would go with your doctor's advice.Maybe meal replacement shakes with your food while you eat would increase your calorie intake.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it unless your losing crazy amounts of weight. I'm the same way....I don't gain weight during pregnancy. I've actually lost about 30lbs all together, and i'm 33wks. I do gain it all back in between kids though! lol *knock on wood*
    Have they given you a sono and estimated where your baby is at weight wise? I would check into that, because if he/she is growing normally, then there shouldn't be a worry....
    Are you overweight to begin with, or are you pretty healthy? My OB said it was fine if I lost a little amount, just because I am a little overweight. If I was eating normally and/or more than I should I'd be fine......and all my kids were healthy, happy and weighed normal amounts!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I was over weight to start with and they are going to estimate her weight next week. I was skinny and got fat with my 1st 2 and they were small and early and this time I started fat and got skinny so I hope she is ok! My mom say what she thinks and 2 days ago she said I dont look that pregnant and asked me if the baby is ok or even in there! I am pregnant but on one can tell! I could pass as a "I Didnt know I was pregnanat" women!
    Anonymous

• That is norm! I was not overweight, but with my last I started at 149 and had her at 142! She was 8,5 lbs! I cut out soda, beer (obviously) and fried foods! I left the hospital at 132! Dont worry, just keep it up after baby!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I started pregnancy at 125 lbs and had only gained 3 lbs at 28 weeks. I'm now 35 weeks and have gained 7! As long as your dr isn't concerned and the baby is growing normally, no cause for concern!

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I started out at 160 with this pregnancy. I am 37 weeks now and weigh 148. My doctor told me if you start a pregnancy overweight alot of times you wont gain more you will loose weight...
    I'm 5'4" so my weight should be somewhere around 120...
    Anonymous

• I think you are perfectly normal. I am still 10lbs under the weight I started at and I only have 3 weeks left.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• is the baby growing okay? If soI wouldn't worry. My second I actually lost 12 pounds total at delivery time. Was sick the whole time. My last one I didn't gain for 5 months and got lectured every time for dieting (wasn't) gained 11 in one month and got a lecture on gaining too much weight : ( at the end I only gained 16 pounds.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Some people, even thin people, don't gain weight. It doesn't necessarily mean your baby isn't gaining weight, just that you are losing and she or he is gaining, so it doesn't show up on the scale. Just eat healthfully, don't worry about calories or the scale, and relax. I would worry more about getting the right nutrients than extra calories. You are very likely fine Mama, don't worry.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2010