Child Lock for Sliding Doors?

I woke up to find my daughter outside by herself. She knows how to unlock the sliding door, open it, open the screen door, and unlock the gate and open it. My mom says to put a stick to block it but she will remove it and opend the doors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• watch your kids better !
    Anonymous

• mine has a kick lock
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• How old is she? Kiwi went outside at my mom's by herself and went to the swingset and lost her overnight at Mamaw's house privileges for a month.
    Have you tried scaring some sense in her if she's old enough?
    We told Kiwi about people who could just come into the yard and take her away and even if she screamed "stranger" like she's been taught, no one would hear her. We told her she could fall and get hurt and lay there yelling, but no one would hear her. There are animals that could attack her, and no one was out there to help her or warn her they were near. There are sink holes she could fall in and no one would know where she went.
    It sounds harsh, but it worked and she never went outside while everyone else slept again. Now, she asks permission first. She was 4 at the time and is 5 now.
    Can you put a chain lock on the top somewhere that she can't get to? I've seen some sliding doors that are able to have those.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We used a keyed push lock that we found at Lowe's hardware. You have to make a hole with a drill in the metal where the doors meet in the middle to insert the lock. To lock it all you have to do is push the button in, but to unlock it you have to have the key.

Answer by missanc at 1:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• http://safeslider.com/
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• First Watch Residential Door Guard Boltwe stayed at the beach last summer on the 3rd floor- this was up high enough the kids could not get out of the sliding glass door- I am a light sleeper and The front door opened , we installed keyless bolt locks that week- scary I know-but this lock is 34.oo at Lowes ~ good luck

Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 3:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My grandparents used to use an old broom handle. It was cut to fit and it was up high enough that none of us could reach it when we were younger. That was the only lock they used on that door for more than 20 years (not just for when we were little).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• shes 2.
    lilshortie415

Answer by lilshortie415 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010