Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

I have heard that the only sin that is unforgivable is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. What would be considered blaspheming the Holy Spirit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Speaking bad of the Holy Spirit is what I consider blaspheming.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• As I understand it, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is mocking the works of the Holy Spirit, with the intent on keeping others from following Christ. Like the Pharisees who said that Jesus did His miracles by the power of the devil. Matthew 12:32 "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man (Jesus), it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Please explain how you can say bad things about a "Holy Spirit?" It has no substance. Why would an Infinitely Loving God care what you said about some "spirit"? Maybe God wants us to learn to think critically for ourselves instead of being spoon fed behaviors and beliefs for thousands of years. Why do you insist on living in fear of your God? Fear is the opposite of Love. If your Bible is telling you to be afraid of God, then you are missing the point. Rise up grasshopper, you face no angry God. The truth will set you free. God is thrilled with you. Blaspheming the holy spirit means having a false sense of pride in how sinful you are, how unworthy you are, how utterly horrible you are. This is not true. God created you and he knows what he's doing. He knows the choices you will need to make to get you where you need to be. All paths lead to God my friend, there is no where else to go.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 1:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Rejection of the spirit once baptized in the faith by Yahshua's name, and the truth that it leads you to. Also doing wicked things to others in the name of Yahweh's name to turn others from him. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Blabbermouth, What you don't seem to grasp is that some people are saved by the Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, to be a bible faithful follower. You have a lot of false understandings about Jesus Christ and Christians.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 1:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Blabbermouth, the Holy Spirit is the 2nd person of God. He is God. You obviously do not believe in the Holy Spirit or believe in or follow the Bible, so you are really unqualified to answer this question.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• The six sins against the Holy Spirit
    1.Presumption of God's mercy
    2.Despair
    3.Impungning the known truth
    4. Envy of another's spiritual good.
    5. Obstinacy in sin.
    6. Final impenitence.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• That's my honest opinion on what I have gathered from scripture. Looking at it from that point of view it makes sense. We see people do horrible things in the name of G-d, but it still is a known title that is used to represent Yahweh. Those people turn others from him more than anything people can say by using the GD word, or JC as a curse instead of praise. The french use the word Christ as a cuss word as do half of the USA, but still. There is more harm done to Yahweh and his word when others do awful things to people in his false title or his Holy name. Also when we are given truth, and we accept it and are saved through the name of Yahshua, if we were to turn from all the truth and reject the names that would be considered a form of it by some. I can agree with this. All I know is that I am going to do my best not to do either . Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I liked what Blabbermouth had to say....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Right on, BlessedMommyof4!
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 2:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2010