How hard it is going from one child to two?

I have a two year old son and we are trying for another. I am just a little worried because my husband works nights, about 5 a week. So my first will be about 3 years old. Just wondering about other mom's experiences. Thanks!

lvbeingmom

Asked by lvbeingmom at 1:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is not bad going from one child to two. I thought it would be bad, but it was kind of fun. Your oldest child gets to help you and the way they play together is just awesome. I wish you the best of luck.
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My experience has been that it wasn't so bad.Especially if they are the same sex , you use everything twice.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It is not hard having two...I had two only 15 months apart. But going from two to three is really hard because you onlt have two hands ...its hard to make sure all the kiddies are by your side and not running into traffic ...when you only have two hands.
    But, two kids are not a problem. I had the two while my DH was serving in Vietnam so I was pretty much like a single Mom. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• it's not that bad. you accomidate and dont know how you ever lived without the second one.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• OMG, lol, I'll be the odd ball out here...having two makes having one seem like none, seriously. NO break. I wouldn't have it any other way, but it was a huge change in our lives.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• totally agree with gramsmom- I wouldn't change having two, just wish there was more one on one time with each -mine are 21 months apart. Going out in public by myself with no help has been tough somedays- other days wonderful. You just have to plan things around naps and snacks/meals, so they don't get cranky-and by the way I have learned to hold my pee for 3-4 hrs, seeing as how there isn't always a family restroom avaiable, I dont want my kids snatched,or them embarressing me by opening the door....it has been no picnic, but we have also had a lot of fun at times.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 2:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I didnt find it hard at all. I still had an arm, leg, and hip with which to hold or maneuver what was needed LOL.

You just figure things out as you go along and get into a rhythm.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Well I guess it is different for everyone but for me it is was a huge change. My oldest was a very easy baby so I was thinking having two wouldn't be that bad. My second is such a handful, she is super clingy and cries a lot, she won't let anyone (including my husband hold her), so going from one to two has been a little difficult but I manage and I love my girls and wouldn't change anything. You never know what your going to get and you can't over analyse things like this, so I say go for it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010