Expiration Dates?

I got a TON of Johnson and Johnson Baby Wash, Shampoo and Lotion for my baby shower- well that was last May. These bottles don't have any expiration dates on them, only Lot Numbers. How do I know if they are still good or do they just not expire (and that just seems wierd)?. Any ideas?

kh717

Asked by kh717 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As far as I know they don't expire. I used Kiwi's until she was a little past 3, we had SO much we didn't even need to buy any more. They worked as far as I know.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• The shampoo and babywash should be good for a while. If you start to use the lotion and it is separated or doesn't look right toss it.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 1:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Johnsons & Johnson products are horrible and shouldn't be used on any baby. Look on the labels at the chemicals in them. Those chemicals can cause allergies, some release formalehyde (a known carcinogen), some are petroleum based (a known carcinogen), and other risks. Chemicals can be absorbed through the skin. The baby will have to smell that scent that's left on their skin. I am horribly allergic to Johnsons & Johnson products. If you wanted to torture me, using their products on me would be a good way to do it. I'm allergic to formaldehyde and propylene glycol.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We only used plain water on my grandson when he was a baby. Sometimes we would use a little castile soap and olive oil and water on paper towels for diaper wipes. He is a todder and we use Kiss My Face Obsessively Natural Kids Self-Foaming Shampoo & Body Wash, Orange U Smart.

If he gets diaper rash we use a little Burt's Bees Diaper Rash Ointment. Babies don't need powder or lotion.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• They don't expire, but the are chemical laden. The lotion is especially bad. Products like that are banned from our house. Waste of money and produces waste. Bring them back to the store for credit. babies r us took all of mine w/o a receipt
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2010