Cloth diapers?

I was thinking about passing to cloth diapers, but I don't know so much about them. How do they work, how much do they cost, what's the best brand etc. Thank you for any advice :-)

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• join a cloth diapers group. They are about $15 for a dozen at babys r us. They seem to always be on sale for less. I use the prefolded ones. Bummis.com also has good advice. Their diaper covers are expensive but work like a charm!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I used them but i have two girls that are only a yr apart and it was hard with 2 babies in diapers. I noticed that pocket diapers were better then the all in one. pocket diapers u stuff with cloth diapers yourself. never use fabric sofener on your diapers or you will experience what i did, they will start leaking. use plain detergent and vinager on them. depending on where you live you can find cloth diaper outlits. i went to one in houston called young and restless. they also give out alot of info on there sight. and when you go in they show you a demo on a doll how to put the diaper on. they are cheap like between 7-15 a diaper depending on brand and print. which is cheap. you would need about 10 to start
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• They're wonderful! You save a ton of money and it's much healthier for your baby. Join a cloth diapering group. You'll learn alot and get tons of advice so you'll be able to make good choices!
    rhianonmat

Answer by rhianonmat at 3:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2010