How do you re-marry in your 50's?

Anyone out there who has re-married in their 40's or 50's. I ask because I have a mother and an aunt who are divorced that are very lonely. Well at least my aunt is....my mother says she is traumatized from marriage and has no interest, but I think it would be nice for her to at least get out there and have some fun. And it seems almost impossible to find a nice guy for them. Where do you find guys who are interested in women their own age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I am 54 and I remarried 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I met him 3.5 years ago on match.com. We both work full time and have such busy lives that online dating seemed the best way to meet someone of like mind who wanted the same things out of life. It worked very well for us. We have lots in common, love each other very much and are enjoying each other along with life. You are never to old!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Church or a seniors group in her community
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My MIL is getting married in a few weeks. She is in her late 50s. I don't remember were she met the poor man, sorry her fiance, he is like 7 years younger than she is. I am glad she has him to drive crazy instead of my husband. She has been married 4 times to 3 men...
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Church !!!!! they have single groups ar church. try and find a second baptist church near you they are great
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Whoa there Darlin'. Let's not interfere with perfection. Not all of us have an interest in hooking up. We did our time being the wife and mom and now it's our time to be ourselves. We are happy being alone. They can get out and do volunteer work or take a class and be with people to keep from being lonely but that doesn't mean they need a man to complete them. I would be pissed if my kids tried to screw up my great life by forcing a man on me. I finally am happy. I have freedom. I have independence. I don't have the stress that you think is good. I like my life and I bet your aunt and mom do too.
    Anonymous

• Whoa there firey anon. Not everyone is like you. Maybe her mother and aunt have expressed that they want to meet someone, like my mother. She is always saying how she wants to meet someone and grow old with him and everyday i pray that that happens for her. I wouldn't want to grow old by myself either. Thats why God made Adam and Eve IMO because we arent really meant to be "by ourselves"(if you believe in the bible). Some people just want to have a companion.
    Anonymous

• OP here. Thanks to all of you for your answers and first anon, I do get what you are saying. In fact my mom has expressed that she would rather be alone and I am in no way attempting to force a man on her. My aunt on the other hand is very much interested in finding someone. I was just looking for some input for mainly my aunt and maybe my mom someday if she ever expresses an interest in even just dating for fun. I mean, maybe we don't need to be married, but we do have "other" needs.

Anonymous

• Why does your aunt need to stick to men her age? She could be cruising the local community college for a couple of cubs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2010