potluck help

i have a potluck at school today and i need to bring something, but i don't have very much money in my account, and i'm not the greatest cook ever...does anyone have any ideas of something that's good, but not too expensive that i can bring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Bring a salad. Bags of lettuce often come complete with dressing, dried berries, cheese, etc. No need to buy extra ingredients. Just pour it all in a bowl and it will cost you about $3.
    Anonymous

• Can you bake brownies? 2 boxes of mix is only around $3. You'll also need eggs and oil.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Pasta salad....noodles, italian dressing and tomatoes and bell peppers!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Baked beans is always good.Large can or two of baked beans heated in a casserole dish in the oven..if you want to get a little creative with it, throw in a chopped onion(cook it till tender on the stove first if your not going to be baking it for long),can of diced tomatoes.You can throw some bbq sauce in it to,if you want.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I like to make jambalaya for potlucks, 2 boxes of the sataran jambalaya rice, along with some sausage (polish sausage) and mix in a can of corn, it's really yummy and the ingredients will cost you about $10-12 bucks.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I like to make 2 boxes of cheese and shells and add onions, bacon, bell peppers, and sprinkle extra cheese on top.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• We are going to a potluck picnic tomorrow and I am taking just a few pounds of red seedless grapes. They were on sale and all I have to do is clean them, stick them in a ziploc and go that way I don't have to worry about leaving a bowl behind either.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2010