3 year old wont sleep in her own room all night.

My daughter will go to bed no problem as long as her door is open. If we try to go to bed around the same time she is going to bed she won't sleep. We need to be awake so that she can actually go to bed. She will wake up every night during the night and come into our room. Problem is I can't put her back in her room when she does because she gets her blanket and pillow and lays on the floor without ever waking us up. I am 30 weeks pregnant and want to break this habit but I don't know how. Any suggestions? I have tried explaining to her she needs to stay in her bed all night but she doesn't. I cannot close her door because she can open it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let her sleep on your floor. It isn't like she is in your bed disturbing you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• OP Here- Thing I'm afraid of is the baby waking her at night and her not wanting to go back to bed. I need to break this habit.
    Anonymous

• All it will take is a couple of time of the baby waking her up before she gets sick of it and chooses to go to her own room.
    It sounds like she's just trying to be the baby again since another is almost here.
    Make a big deal about her being a big girl and ask her to try really hard to stay in her room all night.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Sorry, but I don't really see the problem. Even at an older age (like 6 or 7), if I got scared or nervous at night I would go lay in my parents floor for a while. I think it's normal and comforting to her. If the baby wakes her up when the baby comes then maybe she will choose to go to her own room or maybe the baby won't wake her because she will get used to it.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• hey when u figure it out tell me. My 2.5 yr old wont sleep in her bed and has recently started climbing in my lap when she is sleepy. She will get up and come to me so I can rock her to sleep and Im not pregnant .
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My 3 yo climbs into bed with us at 3 am sometimes still. I've just let it go. We have a new baby too, who sleeps in a bassinet next to the bed. She never wakes him. Heck when he gets up to feed I turn on the TV and my 3 yo and DH stay sound asleep.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2010