For those of you that have 3 or more kids....

What kind of car do you drive (especially if they're all in carseats/boosters)?
Does each of your kids have their own room or do they share rooms? If they share rooms, do they like it or hate it?

Me and my husband are thinking about having another baby... We have two girls now that are almost 2 & 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 4, soon to be 5, kids. We have a minivan - the youngest is in a carseat and the baby will be as well (of course). We are looking at a Ford Expedition currently - the minivan is fine for seating, but we need cargo space when we go on vacation and are running out of room even with a top of car carrier. We also have a Camry stationwagon with 3rd row seats, which is a tight fit but fits everyone, and then my husband has a Porsche that is his baby!
    They do not share rooms - this was very important to me! I grew up in a family of 5 kids and didn't have to share a room either, I just like the idea of everyone having their own space. My oldest has a room that is actually meant to be a study so it doesn't have a closet and it's smaller, but it suits him and he loves it. We bought this house because it's one of very few that we found with enough bedrooms!

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We have a mini van and a Ford Explorer. My 2 boys share a room with bunk beds and my daughter has her own room. They are fine with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have 3 kids. Two are in carseats. I drive a Dodge Durango, which is not really big enough for all of us to be comfortable. My husband has an xetended cab Ford pickup that fits all comfortably. The youngest two kids share a room for now, but we have a third bedroom (currently used as a play room) that will become a bedroom to one of them in the future.
    Anonymous

• We have three boys. We drive a pontiac montana minivan, it seats eight, so there is plenty of room. Our oldest {11} has his own room and the two little ones {3 and 2} share a room.
    My feeling is that we would always make room for another baby. I grew up in a family of five kids and love having so many siblings. I want the same for my kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I had 3 sons. Most of the time I had big station wagons. Right now I have a minivan. I like big old-fashioned station wagons best. We lived in small apartments and they had to share bedrooms as small as 10X10. We would have a bunk bed and a crib mattress that the youngest would use on the floor. We moved a lot. They liked sharing a room. We actually fixed their room up nice and would have innovative storage solutions. Their room was mostly for sleeping.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We are a family of 6 we have an expedition with the 3rd row option and an equinox which is more my work car. We only have one in a car seat. Our 3 older kids have their own room but baby sleeps with us for now.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Ford Expedition seats 8 COMFORTABLY. I have five kids and only one is out of the booster seat. We live in a 3 bdrm apt so girls have one room and boys have the other. We will be buying a house next year, hopefully.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• They like sharing rooms.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have 3 in car seats and drive a 2000 chevy impala, it fits all 3 car seats with no problems and will fit the 3 kids when they are out of the seats even though I hope to have a new car by then. The trunk is also very large, I can put a double stroller and a regular stroller or pack n play or suitcases in it with no problem.
    Anonymous

forgot to add that they all 3 share a room and it works out well they like it for now and will have their own rooms later when they are older.
    Anonymous