when using hair rollers...

which is better? hair spray or a pre-treatment of gel? I'd love a list of brands you'd recommend!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Gel for a wet set, and hairspray for hot rollers. I recommend Paul Mitchell freeze and shine super spray for hairspray and their gel is also good, but to "set" the hair after the rollers, I would use a light mist aerosol hairspray, as the freeze and shine can weigh it down.

If you hate "crunchy" hair, and don't mind a looser hold use the sculpting spray from Paul Mitchell.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• When my mom did Kiwi's hair in rollers, she put gel in then rolled them. I'm not sure of the brand, it was one of the cheap ones from walmart. It held. Her hair is usually strait, even when wet, but she wanted to use sponge rollers to have it curly for her 5th birthday. I don't know the first thing about it, so my mom put it up and it held all day until we washed it out that night. There is a picture on the profile thing of the curls about 4 hours after taking them out.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I use a leave in conditioner before hand when i first get out of the shower and hair spray when i take the rollers out.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I think it also may depend on what type of rollers you are using i use the hot rollers.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• my mom uses mousse (sp?) and dries her hair with that in it, then sprays her hair after the curls are set in.
    Anonymous

• Put a little gel in when its wet before the hair is rolled..I wouldnt use hair spray until its dry.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2010