My 19 month old baby boy it's not eating nothing at all very worry some advice please????

My 19 month old baby boy don't want to eat nothing at all he be all day with nothing and his stomach and he dosen't even cry of hunger I try to make him eat but is not working I really need some advice what should I make to eat or what should i do????? I took him to his doctor he gave me Polivysol and its not doing anything....

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Calm down, kids his age don't need a lot of food and lots go through a no eating phase. The doctor gave you Poly-Vi-Sol because it is vitamins and minerals so he can still get all the nutrient he needs despite not eating. Just keep offering and eventually, he will eat again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I agree with the first comment :)
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• This is a common issue with toddlers. It's summer and it makes it worse, a lot of kids eat less in summer. We are having problems with my 20 mo grandson. He has a genetic disease that causes failute to thrive (FTT). FTT means slow growth or weight loss, the child drops below the 3rd percentile, there is concern about development and brain growth. My grandson weighs about 22 pounds.

My grandson eats best at buffets. I take care of him every other day and take him to buffets. This is not a good think for my weight but he does eat. He likes the social environment, lots of little things on his plate, and taking a long time to eat. I have taught him how to open my fridge and I keep foods he likes right out in the open so he can find them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have 3 out of my 4 who are picky eaters. My second son was the hardest to get to eat.-I used to almost beg him to eat something.. I used to keep alot of snacks on hand and plenty of yummy drinks that had the calories in and the vitamins. I also figured out how to sneak the vitamins into his favorite foods... and it was a good trick till someone told him that french fries came from his dreaded potato..I could still fume over that unhelpful person..anyhow I figured out that the most calories and vitamins you can get into anything the better. The trick is to keep the snacks as healthy as you can and just don't panic too much at a turned up dinner you prepared with such care(been there). My favorites were ice cream for him because you could find it in about any flavor/mixture and he'd pick it out for himself at the store and it would just be his snack.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010