OH MY Gwaaad. I just noticed my ankles are getting fat!!!!

I had my foot propped up on the coffe table and I thought I had a knot or something next to my ankle bone, i reached out to touch it and its not a knot! Its F-A-T! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm pregnant,lol.
I've NEVER had FAT ANKLES BEFORE! What if they turn into cankles? Now I'm realizing my toes are getting fat too! I'm going to cry. I think I am admist a hormonal pregnant woman breakdown about being fat! LOL
What can I do to get rid of this? Its going to be a long summer trying to cover up my fat ankles and toes when flip flops and sandals are my shoes of choice.
My ankles and toes make my feet look like giant boat docks! A pot roast even. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's typically not fat, it's water. The baby can restrict both blood flow as well as other fluids. A lot of it depends on where the baby is sitting which is why you may not have had it before. Don't stress. Prop your feet up and lay on your left side as much as you can.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• That would be swelling my dear. Welcome to pregnancy..lol...It will onyl get worse before it gets better though :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It's swelling, not fat! Chill out :)

Drink lots of water. I only swell on days I get under 100 ounces. If you can get 100 ounces of water a day for a couple days you'll likely see a huge improvement :) Believe it or not when your body doesn't get enough water it retains it. So get enough water and flush out the cell membranes and you'll see a change.

Also, yoga and deep breathing to help increase circulation will help.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It will go back to normal after you elevate your feet for awhile, or at the most after the baby is born. Bloating is quite normal during pregnancy especially during the last trimester. My ankles and feet were bloated almost for the last 3 weeks. Before that the swelling would come and go and I got worried when it didn't go down that last month but my doctor said I was fine and it did go back to normal after my kids were born.
    Anonymous

• Swollen Im sure.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010