Would this change your mind about illegals?

Last year I heard a family's cousin who lives in mexico had been capture & was being held for ransom, the family had to give up a home, a truck & money to keep this cousin alive.
Well the guy I know his father isnt doing so well now, father is in mex. so he went over there with some other family & now HE was caught by the gang & are demanding $1million. "thankfully" its pesos which = about $30k american money!
This guy is legal! Some of his family is here illegally...If you/your family could be caught & held for ransom, would u want to risk crossing the border to us freedom?
These guys if the ransom is met, still come home beat up really bad & the family has to live in fear. The police are crooked there so u dont know who to trust! They dont even want the US police in on it, in fear they will retaliate on other family members.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I could care less either way, but I can tell you this; I have several friends who are children of Mexicans who came here legally. Those people and their parents are pissed as all hell about the illegal immigrant situation in the US today. They are upset that many come from Mexico unable and unwilling to speak the language, when they had to learn English just to get by. Two of my friends' parents had a strict rule that they speak Spanish in the home, but once they walk out the front door they must speak English, even if someone tried to speak to them in Spanish, they had to respond in English. Those friends of mine despise the fact that illegals expect them to speak Spanish, when my friends were required to learn English. They are also upset that so many illegals never even try to become legal. I can understand coming illegally to escape, but make it right ASAP after getting here...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Cont.
    -Some people have to pay to KEEP their freedom after being captured...
    -Everyone is scared right now.. They own a nice business in the state & are hoping they can get enough money out of the business to save him....
    -We are white/legal.. so dont hate on me! We know these people, these guys gave US a job! And have treated us greatly. We have a comfortable living (no not even close to rich) because of this family & its hurts to sit back & see this happening!
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with people coming here. The world should be free for everyone to roam without fear. I know it wont happen soon but why cant we all get along? Who cares where someone is from? We are all people and God made us all.
    Anonymous

• Do it the right way and no problemo!

People only come over here like this all the time because its so EASY to get away with!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Anon :49 I agree 100%!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Mom how about the people who CAN NOT afford to do it legally? Should we just kick them to the curb?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• it should be easy! by the way i'm 100% american but just dont understand it
    Anonymous

• Why should they be able to come over here and use our tax dollars?? If i went to any other country i would have to do the samething!?! whats the DIFF?!?!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Your bring these people here by not closing the boarder! The same sh%t will happen in the US!
    That is something people do not understand.

Mexicans have to fight back against the corruption. We would love to move there, but their iimmigration laws are worse than ours.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Many of the people that come to the US from Mexico would die or their family members would die if they stayed in Mexico.

They would come to the US legally if they could. It takes 14-20 years to come to the US if you have family in the US, longer if you don't have family. If takes 5 years or longer to just get a green card to work in the US.

I live in Tucson and was at the home of a beautiful Mexican family going through the process of becoming "legal". The husband has a job in construction but with the economy the company has few projects right now. The wife can't work, no ss card or green card. They have a very nice mobile home, perfectly clean. Much cleaner than my house. Two nice polite children. They have been here over 10 years in legal limbo.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010