FOOD STAMPS!

if you have lets say 2 kids and your not working or very low income and your on welfare (foodstamps) and you get pregnant again and have a 3rd child should you be able to get more foodstamps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• NO!
    Anonymous

• no but i think you will.
    Anonymous

• Yes you will get more. Right now we are having a hard time and I get them for myself, SO and DS and we get $526 a month and we live in KY. But I know you can start drawing as soon as the baby is born. I think you get like 120 for an additional child. But again I know it varies from state to state. Just to let you know you will probably get bashed for this. So I am also gonna go anonymous to protect from hate mail..lol
    Anonymous

• Yep, it's another mouth to feed. Just like if it was just you, your hubby and one child you may not get them. They figure the income for the amount of people for any kind of assistance.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• You will get more foodstamps once the baby is born. Thier not going to let a family starve another member just because a person(s) had another baby while being poor.
    Anonymous

• what i mean is do you think its right? i dont think the goverment should keep paying for your food if you know you cant afford it!
    Anonymous

• is it fair? No should you ... yes for the child to ensure they get fed. its not their fault.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Yes, you will get more food stamps after baby is born. It will vary on how much depending on your income at the time. Ours went up when I had the baby in November by 150. which brought us up to 478 a month. Then when I did my recertification in April, we were dropped down to 324 a month for the same amount of people. The reason ti was dropped is because in the month of march my hubby had 4 hours overtime!!!
    Anonymous

• Sad to say it is the welfare mentality with SOME people. I remember this teen when I worked in an Emotional Support classroom, she was 15 and her goal was to quit school and get pregnant and live off the government. Her sister was doing it and most of her family....so why not whe said. So sure enough a couple years later she was a 17 yr old mother drop out(the dad was another student in the ES class). And once they were 18 they could move into Section 8 housing, continue to get free healthcare, foodstamps, WIC, and whatever else. It's a good thing to help those who need it, but the system makes it sooo easy. I have many opinions on this. If you are recieving unemployment you should be proving you are looking for work (taking any applications to be photocopied) and drug tested. That's just my opinion because it is overabused.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• you see thats what i mean the abuse of the help that is out there! i know that sometimes things happen and we need help but take it as help dont abuse it!
    Anonymous