has any of you ever taped your childbirth?

I have 2 kids and never taped it before, but I am thinking of taping this one since it will be my last. I am not going to tape like the gross things down below lol just the birth and I guess you would say my expresions and after the baby is born. Has anone ever did this? Is it aloud?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I taped my first child's birth. I never heard of a hospital not letting you record your own delivery.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• If your delivering in the hospital,most don't allow you to video record the births because of liability issues.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i video taped the birth of my youngest baby! i wish i would have done the other ones too! its something great to have for memories!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• OP HERE.....liability issues???
    Anonymous

• I didn't, we took tons of pics but I wasn't really comfortable with an actual taping of the birth. But my cousins taped the whole thing, I mean all of it...lol. So it probably just depends on the hospital that you deliver at ask your doctor. Oh and Kimberly in Berea are you from Berea KY? Just wondering because I used to live there and my name is Kimberly too.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We video taped ours. And my mom took pictures for my first son, she wasn't there for the second. But it's typically not allowed as the first girl said. But my doctor was awesome. It's not like you are going to post that stuff on the internet for someone to see, well, hopefully not. But it will be interesting to look at many many years later. Just my hubby and I.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• 2BlondeBabies

No deffinatly not no way in heck would I put it on the internet lol...I thought it would kinda be neat and funny to look back at later lol. And looking back when I want another one and see the pain and ask myself what am I thinking to go through the pain again LMBO JK lol
    Anonymous

• My husband was in film school when we had our last baby so I thought it would be a great idea for him or one of his classmates to do it, but like others have said, it's was not allowed at our hospital.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I wasn't able to tape my births - Jenna was an emergency c-section and Brianna was a planned c-section. I didn't think to ask but I doubt they'd allow a camera in the OR. I got plenty of pictures after I went back to my room though. Neither of my babies did much after they born - Jenna looked around a lot but Brianna just slept, she didn't open her eyes until she was 3 days old. She squirmed around and made noises and was awake but didn't open her eyes.
    Anonymous