Abortion

Abortion is wrong, and women who have abortions should be given the death penalty, just like other murders. I heard this several times. Who does this help? And how is this statement pro-life? If I had been put to death, my 3, soon to be 6, children would not be here, and I would not have been able to talk my sister out of her abortion, so her 2 children would not be here. Any explanations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry. I still agree with Dr Brian Weiss (author) that abortion is an agreement between mom and baby not to be born now but at a later time.
    Anonymous

• why do you need an explanation from anybody? especially people who who are so negative about life and the options that women have.
    abortion is not murder, there is not a baby in there. and if that was true, then anybody who eats eggs, meat, kills bugs, etc. are all murderers too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• anon :48 that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard! it's not gonna be the same baby??? whatever helps people sleep at night right?
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 3:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm a tad bit confused on this, but are you saying that you had an abortion before you had your 3 children and you are pregnant with triplets right now? Is that right?I personally do not believe in abortion except in cases of incest, rape or life or death situations. I see it as if you were mature enough to lay down and have sex that you are at least mature enough to pack that baby for 9 months and give birth to that child, to give it up for adoption if nothing else. There are so many families out there who would love to have a child in their lives. But considering it is legal, I do not think you should be put to death for it. I just think you should of had that baby and gave it up rather than killing him/her(and yes I do believe you killed a baby.)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• "abortion is not murder, there is not a baby in there." "then anybody who eats eggs, meat, kills bugs, etc. are all murderers too. "
    ______
    Nope its not a baby, It's a HUMAN fetus. See just cause you say its not a baby doesn't make it less HUMAN. Oh and the whole it's just cells bullshit you people like to say is hilarious since we are all still walking talking cells. Your skin? A bunch of OMG cells so if I shoot you it should be okay cause you are a bunch of cells! See how stupid that theory is?
    That's why there are vegans they strongly believe it is murder. PETA calls meat eaters murderers everyday. What is your position on PETA?
    OP, anyone claiming someone should get the death penalty is obviously speaking from emotion. It is an emotion issue that upsets all those who believe that child was meant to be. When people discuss emotion issues you are bound to hear some not so nice remarks. You obviously already know this ANON.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Who knows why people just can't mind their own business,,,,,everyone has their own justification to make one way or another,, I am so tired of women ranting against others for making a choice (not an easy one) that has nothing to do with them.. I bet their teeth would fall out if the knew how many of their friends had gone through this! Congrats on the triplets,,, amazing! I can't hardly handle the one I have,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I don't understand when people say that either. According to them it's not okay for the mom to kill the fetus but if she does, it's okay to kill her? Doesn't make much sense.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Ok, it doesn't actually become a fetus until around 6 weeks, so prior to the 6 week mark it shouldn't even be an issue.... I think people should just start minding their own business. Until someone tries to force you to have an abortion or until they make you a part of their choice, its really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I see a ton of vegans who think i'm a murderer for eating meat and a lot of them look unhealthy, skinny, pale, etc. I just want to grab their faces and shove a cheeseburger down their throat, BUT I DON'T. And I don't express my concerns to them. I MIND MY OWN BUSINESS.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Ok, it doesn't actually become a fetus until around 6 weeks
    _____
    So this makes it not human? Nope. It is a Human zygote, a human blastocoel, a human blastocyst, etc. At 18days the HUMAN heart starts to beat. Call it what you want it is still HUMAN.

"And I don't express my concerns to them." (referring to vegans)
    ___
    But you just did! You claimed "a lot of them look unhealthy, skinny, pale,etc". Do you think CM is anti Vegan? I bet there are several right now reading what you wrote! And then you expressed how you want to assualt someone! "I just want to grab their faces and shove a cheeseburger down their throat". This is prolly the best example of hypocrisy!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

Seriously? If you have your baby (fetus, zygote, embryo, heartbeat, whatever) aborted, it dies. It will not come back, ever. You sound like your trying to make yourself feel better.It is simply an "agreement" that mommy has better things to do than have a baby she irresponsibly conceived.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2010