playtex ventaire bottles pros and cons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used that for my son. Didn't really have a pro... My one complaint - every single one of them damn bottles started leaking after a month or 2 of use. I have no idea why.
    We use NUK and Playtex Drop-in's.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I used them for my LO and I loved them specially because I was breastfeeding & formula feeding, I stopped BF at about 4 months and the transition was easy for baby and contrary of what others say it did not cause nipple confusion for my baby, the nipple of the bottle was designed for babies who go back and forth between BF and FF, I liked them.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Same as manicmommy...they started leaking...used the dropins.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Breasts work great. They are free. The milk is always the perfect temp.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• cons are that the lettering/numbers rub off so you cnt see what yoou are measuring(pro to that tho is they sent me 6 free ones, but they rubbed off too),
    another con is washing all the pieces,
    I didnt notice a huge difference in his gas, or anything, I liked the playtex drop ins way better.
    a pro is they dont leak, there are two types of nipple shape,
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• and Gaill not every mom is able to breastfeed, and its a painful thing to go thru. believe me, very painful...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• And yeah, I breastfed too, but you know, I found it kind of awkward to breastfeed her while I was at work, and my mom or MIL would be watching her from several MILES away. Too bad I couldn't just leave my breasts there, huh, Gailll? Shame on me.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I didn't like the ventaire bottles. All of them were very, very leaky so I tossed them.
    Anonymous

• I hates the playtex ventaire bottles. The numbers would rub off and that was a pain, they leak and I just wasnt happy with them in general. I love Dr. Brown's bottles. Aside from having a bunch of pieces to wash they are great and work super well! I highly recommend Dr Brown's!
    fallentears1986

Answer by fallentears1986 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Pros: my son never got gassy, or spit up.
    Cons: The numbers rub off, alotta peices to wash, the rubber gaskets warp.

Next time i am using the dr browns bottles. They have the same vented approach as the ventaires but the letters stay on and they dont leak..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010