I know some of you might thing this is a stupid question but please no bashing

As long as you are getting your period that means your ovulating right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. LOL But I am not a doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Wrong. lol.
    I didn't have a period for THREE years and I got pregnant with my son. And then afterwards, I had my period for about 3 months, it was absent for 5, and I got pregnant with my daughter.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• theres no stupid questions only stupid answers! :) lol i dont know the answer to your question by the way!
    Anonymous

• I have read that as long as you get your period and it comes on time and is regular, that you know that you are ovulating and that being under or over weight is not affecting ovulation.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• No really. Sometimes you might have your period, but are not ovulating. Ask you Doctor that. The only way to know is to test.
    DeLaiz

Answer by DeLaiz at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Nope. You are likely ovulating, but may not be. If you are having issues TTC it could also be that you do not have a long enough luteal phase. Most women who have a 28 day cycle ovulate around day 12-14 and then have 14-16 day luteal phase, but you could have a 28 day cycle and without watching your fertility to see when you ovulate you could be ovulating around day 21 and only having a 7 day luteal phase which is not long enough for pregnancy to take hold. Try reading Taking Charge of your Fertility or anything else on natural family planning and fertility.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• There is such a thing as anovulatory bleeding. If your cycles are regular and not outrageously long (like 40 days and over) then chances are good that you're ovulating. If your cycles are irregular or are very long, then you are probably not ovulating reliably.

Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learn to chart. You will know in two cycles if you're ovulating and what ovulation feels like for you. It's incredible and can help you get pregnant super fast!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• No. According to my doctor, you can have your period without ovulating.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I had a neighbor who was having trouble TTC and she found out she wasn't ovulating though she was having her period.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 4:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Having long cycles doesn't mean that you are not ovulating. I have 45 day cycles and I ovulate regularly.

It's true that you can have anovulatory bleeding but for most women (not all but the over whelming majority) an anovulatory cycle usually only happens once every 1-2 years.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn about charting.

If you chart you WILL know if you are ovulating.
    Anonymous