What's the sweetest thing your kid has done lately?

I walked into the coffee table and knocked the crap out of my knee. Kiwi was like "aw, are you okay?" then pulled a chair out from the kitchen table, took my elbow and tried to lead me to it, saying, "lean on me, Mommy, I got you", then went to her room, got one of her bandaids and put it on the red spot on my knee. I about cried, it was so sweet.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine isn't quite a sweet, but it is FUNNY!
    We were camping and my three year old had to use the bathroom, the outhouse was out of toilet paper so I brought some baby wipes. He went to the bathroom and when he was done I wiped his butt with the wipes. Then it was my turn, so I hand him the package of wipes and go about my business. As I am sitting there, he says "Hey Mommy, you wiped my butt after I pooped, so now I get to wipe yours when you are done pooping."
    It was all I could do to say..."Uhhh... NO. Thanks anyway."
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Aw! So cute. My daughter is 2, and today she came to me and cuddled the crap out of me for about 5 minutes. She's not a cuddly kid, so I was super excited lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• last weekend my husband took over so I could nap my headache away and when our son woke from his nap, I went to get him and his first words out of his mouth was "mommy, is your head all better now" then he gave me a hug.. ugh.. he melts me. Lately his new thing is "Mommy Mommy, snuggle me and make me SO happy"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I came home from a day of hell at work in tears last week. My 2 year old son grabbed my face and said, "I fix it Mommy", and wiped my tears away. :)
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 4:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Aww thats stuff is so cute. Unfortunatly mine is in daycare :( Tear. But hes 10 months and awnry.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I work 7p to 7a three nights a week.. I came home this morning and went to bed like normal. When I woke up my 17 year old, 10 and 8 year old cleaned the house and their rooms.. The oldest also did the floors, we have hardwood so that can be a job LOL.. They are great kids !!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• that is sweet. My son left this morning to go stay with our grandparents and he said "if i miss you mommy i will look at your picture"..i said "You can call me" He said "but i can see you in the picture" i almost wanted to cry too.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• awww, those are so sweet.

Mine aren't generally sweet, but today they had a "mooching mommy" contest so I got A LOT of kisses. Oh, and Rhys wrote "Mommy is cute" on one of his pictures the other day. That was pretty sweet.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My twin daughters are autistic and have a hard time attending to social situations so this was particularly heart warming for me. My mother died of breast cancer back in 2001 when my girls were just 3. My feeling is they don't really remember her but I can't know that for sure because they don't communicate with me and understand things in the same way as typically developing children. Anyway, I went to the semetary to place flowers on her grave for her birthday and my daughters went with me. I got out of the car and was walking around the front of the car as my daughters were getting out. I had the flowers in my hand and before I could even get over to the grave headstone one of my daughters hurried over to me and stopped me and looked me straight in the eyes (difficult for an autistic person to do) and said in such a sweet voice..."I love you mommy." Then she hugged me. I guess they understand more than I think.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My Aubrey won't go to bed until she has kissed everyone and told them goodnight which includes our two dogs. She kisses them each on the head and says, "nigh nigh."
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2010