What would you think of your dh if he did this every day?

My husband comes home every day and heads to our room to watch tv for the rest of the evening. On his days off he sits and watches movies all day and when the kids get home he heads to our room. I try to get him to go for a walk or go to our community pool, or to shoot basketball with our son, but he's always too tired or has a headache. What do you think is going on here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• could be depression
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• he's cheating on you maybe? avoiding you out of guilt.
    Anonymous

• He's a lazy ass.
    Anonymous

• He is disconnected. Talk to him. Tell him what you would like and ask him if he is willing to try to make a change. He may actually be depressed. He could probably use some counseling to get to the root of the issue.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 4:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• He sounds pretty detached from you and the children. My ex was like that, one of the many reasons he's an ex.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• WOW! this sounds familiar except my hubby plays video games all day and ignores us. I think your hubby is just lazy. But then maybe he is just stressed. Talk to him and find out what's up with him.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm thinking it's depression. I've suffered from depression for years and I was reading an article about it being contagious and it sounds like our whole family. Now what?
    Anonymous

• stress, depression, low self-esteem, all could be reasons.
    Anonymous

• What's the weather like there? It's 100 here and I wouldn't go out either.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My hubby went through this about a year ago. It finally came to a breaking point and we sat and talked about it. Basically he was "depressed" and stressed over work, bills, life, etc. He didnt' want to talk to me about it cause he saw that i was having a "good time" with the kids and MY life. He was afraid to bring me down with him. Once we talked he understood what his actions were doing to our family. After a week or so of talking to me and one of the guys at work he was back to normal. We now make sure that NO matter what the issue is, we talk about it.
    Anonymous