What are some ways i can induce my labor naturally?

Im 39 wks+1 day And my doctor is going to be out of town next week. im trying to naturally induce my labor so my doctor can still deliver my child. Any thing that worked for you?

Jordans_Mommy94

Asked by Jordans_Mommy94 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well sex..the seamen soften the cervix and could help you go into labor..also walking but if your body is NOT READY it will not work
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• lots of walking, squats and sex. With the sex, I was told that you have to orgasm as well so the uterus contracts and the sperm helps soften the cervix. Don't drink Castro oil or buy in to those restaurants the sell meals to induce labor (like the "prego Pizza" I ate with every sausage you can think of on it) it will just induce diarrhea and hear burn lol
    Anonymous

• sex,walking,try the exercise ball,do a lil jogging
    Anonymous

• Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean. It's Guarenteed to work!! :)

EPO- Place 5 capsules on your cervix and leave it over night. Then next morning place 3 more. Place 3-5 there every 6 hours for 24 hours to ripen the cervix.

Do squats.

Have sex.

Walk a mile or two.
    Anonymous

• Take a ride down a bumpy road. LOL My mom suggested that and we did it. I went into labor at 2am that morning. I don't think the bumpy road had anything to do with it though, old Wives tale.

I read in a pregnancy book that rubbing the back of your ankle could induce labor. And I've heard the same about sex and walking.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Nothing really makes you go into labor until your body is ready.. But you can try things such as sex (semen softens the cervix), walking, exercise ball, or there are different foods that you can eat that are believed to help get labor going. But do NOT try to mess with your cervix yourself. Good luck. I went 40 weeks, 4 days with my second child.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Raspberry Leaf Tea, massage abdomen with Jasmine oil, Sandalwood or Jasmine incense,walk,climb stairs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I worked at starbucks and there were alot of pregnant women who would go in ready to have a baby and order. Iced venti passion teas no water..sweetened and would sit there and drink those and get refills. Most of them would go into labor that night. Passion tea is decaf but contracts your placenta which is why it's bad at the beginning of a pregnancy. I'd try that.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I just wanted to mention that your baby is still inside for an important reason.
    I don't know if you have considered this already, but whatever is happening in a normal-healthy pregnancy is already perfect. Doubting it, pushing it, forcing it adds unnecessary risks to you and your baby.

If you want a great and consistent birth attendant, hire a midwife, doula, have your SO get on-board...

Is your doctor leaving because of an emergency??

There are some silly things mentioned above, lol!!
    What can actually help without adding risks are walking and sex (in all variations).

Good luck~~
    have faith in this process, you only get to do this once... make it safe and happy. Have no regrets!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• Walking definitely. I went on an 8.5 mile walk the day before my due date with my older son. Granted, I ended up with a pretty longish labor. (I returned from the 8.5 mile walk at 6PM on Thursday having regular mild contractions. By 1AM I was having them regularly enough to go to L&D to be checked, was only 1cm dilated, was sent home, labored through the night as contractions became increasingly intense. Went back to hospital around 6PM the next day, was 7cm dilated, gave birth at 10:10PM on due date (Friday).

Awesome endorphin rush, though. I think the long walk both helped jump-start labor, moved my son down more, and gave me a head start on the endorphins. I didn't take any drugs during birth.

I also think, however, that I might have had a shorter labor if I hadn't gone on the walk that jump-started things. :p
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 7:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010