What happens when your toddler needs a diaper change and you are riding the city bus?

Do you change it and make everyone around you angry or just make your child sit in it until you get to your destination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depending on how long the ride is I would wait. If it is too long I'd get off early, change the baby and get back on the next bus. I personally would never change my child in front of strangers like that.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I would wait until I got to where I was going. I mean if you were in a car, you would have to wait or pull over somewhere. I guess you could get off at the next stop, change the diaper, and then get back on.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• If the trip was another 10 minutes or less I would wait, but I couldn't leave my kid in a dirty diaper for more than 15 minutes - thats nasty.
    Anonymous

• I'd get off early too and change it. Our city buses run every 15 minutes so you'll still get to where you're going, just 15 minutes later. But if you plan ahead for the unknowns, you'll be early.
    Anonymous

• I wish our buses would run every 15 minutes! They run every two hours!
    Anonymous

• I changed a couple of diapers on the train; I don't recall ever needing to on a bus...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Never been on the bus before, but on a plane, I go right to the restroom and change the baby.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 6:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I would wait if it's not going to be very long. I wouldn't want some perv. watching and it will still stink whether they're wearing it or not unless you throw it out the window or something. (don't do that! lol)
    Anonymous

• Wet-it can wait until I reach my destination. I'd change my daughter BEFORE the trip to avoid her having to sit in pee for the duration of the bus ride.

bowel movement-I'd get off the bus when I spotted a fast food restaurant and would go change it. Then I'd catch the next bus.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'd wait until my bus stop came up. I'd never change my baby on a public bus, EWWW!! The same goes for the car. If I hear my baby making a stinky diaper, I am not pulling over. I am changing him when we get to our destination, UNLESS the car ride has another hour to go or something. On a city bus I doubt you'd have THAT LONG to wait.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010