YARD SALE HELP IN CALIFORNIA

Having a yard sale and have lots of 5, 6 yeard old shirts and pants mostly target, or walmart couple levis.. is $1.00 dll for shirt hardley used no stains to fade, and jeans $ 2.00 or whole outfit for $3.00 dlls to much. I payed about 8 to 10 dlls per shirt and pants. and toys from $1.00 for the 5 dll toys none broken. or how do i price..help please so cal THANK U THANK U

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• YOu should POST THIS ON CRAIGSLIST>>>NOT THE WORLD WIDE WEB WHERE WE HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE HELL YOU ARE :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Why the above cafemom member said "we have no idea who the hell you are" makes NO sense.....she's simply asking if her yard sale pricing is good for her area....what does that have to do with knowing who she is?

OP, I'm in NY state and typicaly here kids clothes, even in excellent shape are anywhee from 25 cents to $1 each for basic department store items at yrd sales. So, some of the things you may want to lower to 50 cents or so, but others in excellnt almost new condition may be fine. Start at the pricing you want and if they aren't selling too much lower your prices during the day....or perhaps have a bag sale towards the end of the sale where someone can fill a bag for $5.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I live in So. Cal too! I'm having a yard sale this weekend as well. In the past I have sold my kids' clothes for $.50 a piece for newborns and toddlers. All of their clothes are from Gap and Old Navy, some Carters. The Adult pieces we sell for $1/shirts $2/jeans. You can try to sell them at the prices you want, but if you see they're not selling then lower your prices.

Hope this helps a bit.

Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• is $1.00 dll for shirt hardley used no stains to fade, and jeans $ 2.00 or whole outfit for $3.00 dlls to much.

^^^ If that's your question above; then I would say it seems reasonable to price them that way. I think you'll do just fine. Good luck. ^^^^

Anonymous

• Sorry for the confusion, and Thank you for the feed back
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 12:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2010