Baby with a fever

My 3 month old has a fever of 100.1. He is cranky, coughing, and sneezing. His doctor's office is closed. I called urgent care and the nurse informed me that my son has been "dis-enrolled." My husband is trying to sort things out. What do I do in the mean time to keep his fever from rising??? I was told "little noses" for his cold symptoms and some baby tylenol for the fever?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100.1 is not a fever
    you should not give meds unless it is 102.5 or higher.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Alternate Infants Tylenol & infants Motrin they are 2 different medicines. EX: Tylenol @ 5, Motrin @ 7:00, Tylenol @ 9:00, Motrin @ 11:00 and soon out a cool rag on forehead. Hope baby feels better.
    Anonymous

• No meds till 102.6. No appointment necessary unless fever is at 102.6 or higher and wont go away with meds. Take to the ar if it reaches 105. This is exactly what my dr told me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010