Robin Hood?

Just recently watched the new Robin Hood movie with Russel Crowe and I realized something that I had never really picked up before from the story. The reason Robin Hood stole from the rich to give to the poor. It was not just the rich, but the government as well. The government was taxing people into poverty and Robin Hood was stealing those taxes back to give back to the people. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I knew the story I just never thought about it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• "I knew the story I just never thought about it. "

I had never thought about it either, until I watched the movie. I have seen Robin Hood movies through out the years and have never picked up on it. Maybe because it wasn't until recently that I have become more politically involved.
    Anonymous

• We need more Robin Hoods, IMO.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• "We need more Robin Hoods, IMO."

In regards to standing up to the Government? Because that is what he did? Stole the taxes back?
    Anonymous

• I'm with Night!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Because of what he stood for? He wasn't stealing from capitalist pigs, he was stealing from the people who were involved in government that were taxing people to death.  King John was taking the common people's money for his own selfish gain and rewarded ONLY those who backed him up.  Robin Hood did not steal from those who were trying to make a living.

Anonymous

• Then why don't the libs VOTE for their "Robin Hoods?!" Instead they vote for those who just "Rob the Hood" (like Obama)!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

Really?! Seriously?! That was your contribution to the conversation?!
    Anonymous

• Op here- anon 43 and what have you contributed, but sarcasm. That is your first response.  Personally I thought LoriKeet's response was funny.

Anonymous

• Sorry but I am actually with Lori right now! Obama has done nothing and although I think McCain was an idiot for picking Palin honestly if he picked someone better or more intelligent I would have voted for him. Why I even stuck up for a man with such little character is beyond me! Lori I agree!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2010