What is she trying to tell me???

At a bible study that a few of the ladies from church had a few weeks ago...I expressed how I felt that the skirts are getting shorter and shorter. My friend sent me a text asking me to read 1 Timothy 2:9-13 "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for woman who profess to worship God. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve." Now my question is this....I keep my hair braded and I wear gold and nice (sometimes expensive) clothes...she on the other hand is a "Plain Jane"...now I love her like a sister but I just feel like this is directed more towards me than for the comment I made 2 weeks ago at the study...am I wrong to feel this way?

MissTalayah

Asked by MissTalayah at 6:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your feeling are based on guessing the other woman's intentions. You will not know why she sent that to you unless you ask her.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• shake dem haterz off. now all the athiests are gonna harp on this post.
    Anonymous

• Wow that is one sexist quote
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I will see her on Sunday and ask her...I am not offended, I am just unsure as to where this was coming from. I guess its because we discussed this about 2 weeks ago...idk...but I will ask.
    MissTalayah

Answer by MissTalayah at 6:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't be too worried hun..all joking aside.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• @WonderWoman ( I love the name by the way) I am not...it just came to me as odd...thats all. I just wanted to some input. Thanks
    MissTalayah

Answer by MissTalayah at 6:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Just goes to show how morality is subjective since you each have a very different view of "immoral" attire.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Okay, I'm one of those "godless" folks, so yeah, I'll probably be bashed for responding, but I would seriously ask her what she meant by it. Tell her you didn't know what to make of it and it confused you. Try to not saying anything in an accusing manner, just incase it was an innocent thing.

But in all honesty, to me, that sounds like she was taking a jab at you. Like you expressed that you don't like how short skirts are becoming, and she was saying, "Well, YOU aren't being modest either!" I'd be a bit peeved, but I'd try to stay calm just in case it wasn't meant that way.
    Anonymous

• Shes trying to place judgement on you and I'd tell her to keep her judgements to herself:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I think she was doing what she felt she is supposed to. Going to any place of worship should not be about , "Look at me!" It should be about our creator [Yahweh] and his word. She did it a nice way too, very gentle. Seeing she could have said it rudely, but she is as you say a friend. The bible does not say go to worship as a slob, but it does say not to be a show off, and to show your beauty through your faith, not through anything superficial. There may be people there that are poor and your attire just makes them feel worse. Did you know that is one main reason people do not go to church? They feel they have to keep up with the Jones just to attend. Also your skirts may be distracting men from their devotion too. There are many different reason's to heed the Good Book in this area. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2010