my 9 month old has a fever

its only 100 right now, but it went up a degree in an hour. I wanted to know what her temp. should be when I took her to the hospital and the doc said 105. Anything below that and just tylenol. I think 105 is very high, isn't it??

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 6:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just went threw the same thing with my 10 month old.. I was told the same thing... Just give her a lukewarm bath and strip her down to a diaper.. But she is not even considered to have a fever until 101 or higher, and was told not to give meds until 102.5 or higher.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Dont give meds till 102.6. If it stays at or above 102.6 for 24 hours and you cant break it make an appointment. If it reaches 105 straight to the er. This is exactly what my doctor told me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Under a year old our doc says to give meds at 101 and if it doesn't come down with meds then to head to the office or ER. If they are otherwise acting okay then leave the fever to do what it is intended to do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2010