Alot of people decorate their homes in " americana" ...

Do people in other countries decorate their homes that way too ( but of things of their country), and how are they decorated ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have wondered that before too ! My house is mostly done in americana theme.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 6:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Well I know that in Brazil,some people use a lot of indigenous items in their decor, like traditional Brazilian native weapons and instruments or little figurines made from rocks. They use paintings that reflect Brazilian culture and they use a lot the natural crystals and rocks from brazil like amethyst to put on tables and such. They also tend to use brighter colors which seems to be reflective of the lush, tropical vegetation there, but it varies from region to region. I don't know if that would be considered the same thing, but it's similar.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• What is Americana? I"ve never heard anyone say that except for the band Offspring and then i never really thought so much about what it meant.. Anyways, our home is mostly modern our kitchen has more of a country tone though but is still modern. I would love to have a big country cabin with all wood furniture and animal decor..ya know, little bear figurines and stuff.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• does it mean patriotic?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Its the stuff thats all flags and stars and stripe patterns and stuff. I doubt other countries do this.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I know from living in Spain that they decorate their homes with traditional handpainted tiles, mediterranean style things like wine racks, grape vine decor, sunflowers, etc. So yes i think to an extent many people in various countries decorate with items that are part of their culture. Why wouldn't they? I do not particularly care to decorate in Americana, I prefer the Spanish/Italian style, but to answer your question yes, people in other countries do the same thing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Ooooh like in Mexico they paint the walls in one room different colors. For example. They will do two walls (touching) in red, and the other two in yellow. Or, like my neighbor, the way her living room/dining area is set up, she painted two walls this light brown color, and the rest of the walls are plain white. It looks awesome.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• My old bathroom used to be Americano is that not patriotic LOL.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 1:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• I love the "Americana" look and style, but I also love Nautical, country charm, nature, and cottage. All my rooms are different...lol. My 18 y/o daughter is in love with the Japanese culture and her room is like walking into a different country....it is gorgeous and stylish! Of course, it helps to know someone who travels to Japan all the time who brings things back for you...lol. She is also a collector hound at flea markets, yard sales, antique shops, thrift stores, and specialty shops. My 16 y/o daughter is attempting to decorate her room in a Mediterranean motif with pastels and Greek influence. My older daughter is finally moving out into her own apartment so I am going to decorate her room for my baby granddaughter in a girly theme. I was thinking pastel yellow walls, white trim, and butterfly and flowers to decorate the walls with. Simple, cute, light, and airy because it's a tiny room.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2010