In your opinion/experience...

On Thursady June 3rd I got + hpt, went to the Dr. on Monday for spotting and cramping. I never had bleeding heavier than spotting nor was it ever bright red. He told me he thought I was having an early miscarriage(2-3 weeks). He sent me for quanitative hcg level testing. Monday my HcG level was 52, Wed. they were 44. Is it normal for them to decrease so slowly? Could I have had twins, lost one but am still preg. with one. ( I know the last one is way to hopeful, but my mother put that idea in my head). I would ask my Dr. instead of bothering you all with this, but he seems to be to "busy" to answer a simple question. He was suppose to be in touch with my yesterday but that never happened....
Thanks for your advice and personal experiences!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your HCG would still be MUCH higher if you were still carrying a pregnancy. The singleton pregnancy would still be doubling your HCG levels.

It's normal for it to decrease after a miscarriage. You can also get a + HPT for up to 6 weeks after a miscarriage so it doesn't just "go away."
    Anonymous

• It could be a number of things. I wouldn't completely rule out a viable pregnancy, because sometimes hCG levels do weird things in early preganncy. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much either.

And I'd also switch doctors. Why would you see someone who won't call you when they're supposed to and who is too busy to answer your questions, especially at such a sensitive time? You deserve better care than that, get someone who has time for you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Your numbers would still be going up even if you lost a twin. So I'd say yes you are miscarrying and it can take up to 6 weeks to have all the hormones leave your body, depending on how far along you were.
    I've had 3 really early miscarriages, so that's how I know the answer. I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• First I would find new doctor then I would ask him/her about this. But from what I understand it does go down fairly slowly and you can still show positive on pregnancy tests for weeks after a miscarriage.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2010