Watching an 8 year old mon-fri

Wow oh wow can they EAT?

So anyone else who babysits... help? I want to budget a schedule feeding type of situation. I watch her from around 7am to almost 5pm. it was supposed to be 3pm so it's kind of frustrating, yet tolerable for now just because my cousin who was laid off construction just started a new construction job and wants to make a good impression so he's stayed late when asked. Hopefully this isn't a constant thing though. ( He's only worked there for one week so far. )

I'm also only charging 10$ a day, I hear I'm giving them an amazing deal/break which I wanted to be cheap too. This is only a summer arrangement.

So what times of the day do you feed the kids? Why are they always asking for more and more food? Do you feed them every single time they ask? What types of snacks do you make?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We do breakfast, snack, lunch, snack,dinner,snack (if their still here at that time)
    No, I do not feed them every time they ask..are you kidding..I'd have no food left,lol.
    Snacks vary from what I buy for that week.
    Cheese,crackers,juice
    apples,grahm crackers,milk
    peanut butter on toast with milk
    granola bar,apple,water
    vanilla wafers,banana,water

Basically think...FRUIT OR DAIRY,STARCH/CARB,FLUID for each snack
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Daycare a week for a child is 150. You are giving him a HUGE deal. I say almost to the point of being taken advantage of....
    They should AT LEAST pay for food ON TOP OF the $10 a day your charging.
    Anonymous

• I would say three solid meals a day and snacks in between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. Make sure your combining carbs and protien at each meal, because it will keep her fuller, longer.
    Anonymous

• I wanted to add to..since your charging so little..don't feel bad to tell dad to bring her food in daily for her to eat. That would help cut costs.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Set a schedule. Breakfast 7:30 snacks 9:30 and 2:30 lunch at 11:30, and dinner (if she needs it) whenever your family eats dinner. For breakfast you can do quick things like eggs and toast, oatmeal, or cold cereal. Snacks can be crackers with peanut butter, yogurt, a piece of string cheese with an apple, some hummus and crackers, raw veggies with ranch, or even a PB&J. i would really stick with the schedule because kids will continually eat if you let them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• 10 dollars a day! I think it would be no big deal for you to ask them to pack her breakfast and and lunch and then you provide her drinks and snacks. Shoot I pay 108 for 4 days and I have to pack all of my meals/snacks and drinks.
    To answer the other half of the question I would set meal and snack times. Especially if they end up providing the meals.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• My kids have breakfast when they get up (I'm usually still sleeping) but that's around 7am. Snack at 9am. Lunch at 11am. Snack around 2:30-3pm and dinner around 5:30pm. And, no, I don't feed them every time they ask. Most of the time they are "hungry" because they are bored or whatever. I could never afford to feed them every 30 minutes or whatever it is when they ask for food.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010