Would I be able to wear my "shape ups" on my treadmill or elliptical???

What is the purpose of having that extra pad under your feet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• its like having weight when you lift up your legs. it wouldnt do anything extra on your elliptical becaue you dont lift you feet at all on an elliptical, but it would probably add a little extra toning while on the tredmill
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It alters your stride to help tone your muscles. Most of those fitness shoes say not to use them on treadmills or while running. I know there's one brand that makes different ones for treadmill use, maybe Champion?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i love the shapeups! yes you can wear them on treadmil. i have arthritis and fibromyalgia so the extra padding helps relieve pressure pain. it's the only shoe i wear now. i don't notice any difference in losing weight or toning up and i have had them since xmas. i just like them for comfort.

haha my mom noticed me leaning forward while i was walking (when we went out one day) and she said, "I thought shapeups were supposed to help with posture?" So, I guess not. lol Um...hmmm..so maybe a gimmick? But, it does help people who stand up long periods and have pain.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• i agree with Katie. I doubt they work at all for toning...but i have them and love them strictly because of the comfort from the padding. I always limp around because me feet hurt and when i wear these, NO PAIN. its wonderful. I will never wear another shoe as long as i walk unless they come out with a prettier one. lol these arn't the cutest shoes in the world
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 8:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2010