Why do some moms make a big deal for baby girls to get ears pierced?

I mean some moms do it as soon as the baby is old enough (my baby girl got hers when she was 4 months) and then there are moms who'd rather have them pierced by their choice when they get older there just two little holes plus it makes them look more like girls if they have no hair....lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i agree! i love piercings. ear piercings on little girls are great and completley safe. but some moms worry about every little thing and make a big deal out of it because they are bored stay at home moms. same reason why they homeschool! lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Because it is painful! I would never put my baby girl through that pain. I waited until they were old enough to understand that it was going to hurt and the pain and possible infection was going to linger for days. And maybe they don't want holes in their ears, ever thought about that? Would you tattoo your baby? Probably not, and yes, I get that they can close up but there is always a chance that they won't.
    Anonymous

• some people are just plain stupid!
    Anonymous

• because a child is not responsible enough to care for them.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Why so rude?! Bored stay at home moms? Sounds like someone has the case of the jealousies:)  The big deal is it should be your daughter's decision NOT yours.

Anonymous

• There is no such thing as "completely safe" when it comes to body modifications. There is always the risk of infection.

I'm not going to get my daughter's ears pierced because I don't feel the need to cause her physical pain and discomfort for aesthetic reasons.
    She is beautiful the way she is.

When she's older, if she wants her ears pierced then she can get them done when she can take care of them responsibly on her own.

I don't make a big deal about other people piercing their kids ears. It's not my business. I just choose not to do it to my own child.

Why does it matter to you if mothers choose to NOT get their daughter's ears pierced?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Some people are just plain STUPID!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I'd rather just let my child choose. I really believe they shouldn't get them done until they can take care of them, themselves.
    Anonymous

• How does not doing when my daughter is an infant making a big deal out of it? Seems to me the only one making a big deal is...well, YOU.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I never made a big deal about it, we've just never thought it was a big deal to have it done. I don't have my ears pierced, neither does my mom. She said when I was 18 I could do whatever I want, so I'm doing the same thing. At this point I can't see any reason to get my (or her) ears pierced, most sports won't allow you to wear earrings during competition, so we're just going to pass for now.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 7:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010