Going out

What do you guys think of a young woman,21,has 2 kids,1 is 20 months,was taken away for neglect,the other is 6 wks old,she has no job,never had one,lives with mom,and has been going out every Saturday since her youngest was 6 days old,and is now starting to go out TWICE a week,and yes,is basically getting shitfaced everytime? She feels it is her right to get away from the baby and have "me" time. She also has been,for lack of a better term,"courting" other guys. She and her ex are in a whole lotta problems with the courts and the law over several things. My family feels its not their place to say anything to her,despite the fact that she lives with my mom and her mom. Yes,her mom is stupid enough to babysit for her while she has her escapades.She doesn't seem to care if this baby gets taken away too.I know its futile,just looking for opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow!!! I thought my sister was bad. She pawns her child off to anyone who will take her for days at a time. When we had DCF investigate she slept with the worker to get out of the trouble that she was in. I think it is terrible for a parent to abandon a child just to be able to get "me" time. I enjoy my me time and I get that about once a month and my LO stays with her daddy. I go hang with some friends for a few hours but I don't come home a mess. Every parent deserves a break but, come on not that often.
    Anonymous

• She has no right for "me" time when she isn't taking care of her kids. How does she have money to go out twice a week? Bars are expensive. I went to a bar a couple weeks ago with my cousin and a grateful dead was $10, a beer was $4 - the only way to get shitfaced for cheap is if you're a lightweight and if she's going out every week I doubt she's a lightweight. I have "me" time but only because I take care of my kids and even then it's only twice a month - during the weekends that my kids are with their father. I also don't shitfaced every time I have time to myself. Sometimes I just hang out with friends having a couple drinks and playing cards or even board games.
    Anonymous

• Its not that she doesn't deserve "me" time its that she doesn't deserve her children is what it sound like to me. Anyone who puts their wants and needs above the needs of their child 24/7 does NOT deserve to be a mother. I do have nights out but I do NOT go out and get totally trashed (not bashing anyone who does, it's your prerogative), my nights out when DH watches the kids is going to dinner and a movie with friends and only if we have enough money without me having to dip into bill money or grocery money or whatever. If she is using money that she could be paying bills with or providing for her baby, and she's expecting other people to provide for her, then she needs to give that child up, JMO.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010