D&C Question

Im having a d&c tomorrow and Im scared. I don't know what to expect..If you dont mind will you please share you experience with me?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Health

• I've never had one, but I hope everything will go smoothly. *huge hugs*
    Anonymous

• i had to have an emergency one. Really its not thay bad, your in a little pain for a while but it can be easliy managed. The procedure itself dosent last very long (my DH went to grab lunch and didnt make it back before I woke up) and you bleed for a few days.
    Anonymous

• I have had two and really they were not that bad. I was in a little pain that night, but nothing that a few motrin could not handle. I didn't bleed that much afterwards, but everyone is different.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Iv'e had three. They treat you very nice in the hospital when you go for one. First they will give you a reclining chair or bed in ambulatory. I am saying the Ambulatory unit because you do not need to stay over night. Then you put on your Hospital gown and they ask you questions. They give you an IV in your hand to keep you hydrated. Then you go into the Operating Room, They lay you down, cover you with blankets, give you something to make you go to sleep and you are asleep before you can count to five. It's a very common procedure and it's done quickly. Then you go to recovery where you wake up and when you wake up completely you can go home. Have someone to drive you there and home and they can go into ambulatory with you then wait in the waiting room for you. You will feel great when you wake up and have mild cramping like a bad period and that's it! It really is very easy and nearly painless. Then you go home:)
    Anonymous

• I had a D&C with an ablation. It was fast and I felt good the next day. It was much easier than I expected. My anesthesiologist hit my line with something as we were rolling down the hall and I don't remember even getting to the operating room. I'm not sure if it knocked me out before we got there or if it just made me so loopy that I don't have any memory.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I HAD ONE AS WELL, IT WAS NOT BAD AT ALL. JUST MAKE SURE SOMEONE GOES WITH YOU FOR SUPPORT. I WISH YOU WELL. "HUGS"
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry you are having to go through this!
    When I had mine, I was devastated. Hubby had to take me to the hospital, it was an outpatient procedure. They put me to sleep, when I woke up in recovery it was all done and I didn't feel anything. I didn't drive tho... didn't do much of anything but cry...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I had one when I miscarried, my experience was im sure ALOT more dramatic then alot of other moms out there. I was in South Africa so I went into the ER at 7am ( they kept me there till 2pm all the while letting me "start" and almost complete my miscarriage while having to take my own tylenol for pain. Finally saw a doctor around 4pm and was able to get the procedure done which was scary because I couldnt understand half of what he said and when I was finished I was handed my antibiotics from his receptionist in plastic baggies. The recovery wasnt to bad right after I had no cramping but pain on my left side and where they put the I.V. in my hand I had a bubble for about 4 months afterwards. I spotted for about 2 1/2 weeks afterwards...Good Luck!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 11:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Take some motrin about 30 -45 minutes prior. Its not too bad pain wise and you will feel some pressure.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 1:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2010