wisdom tooth extraction while pregnant?

I'm 4 months pregnant. All of my wisdom teeth need to be pulled but the bottom left one has been a constant pain these past few days. It basically has a hole in it =(.. I went to the dentist today in hopes of being able to get it filled till I give birth.. in that case I would have all four pulled out. but he highly recommended that I get it extracted next week stating that within 4 months I would be in extreme pain.. I'm so freaked out about the local anstesia and the lack of pain killers... can anyone please share their experience if you have went through the same thing? or else i'm gonna loose it for the next 6 days =( HELP!

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 7:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Health

• I had a root canal while pregnant, not quite the same though. Tooth pain stinks, but you can handle it. Just make sure you take Tylenol not Advil and use ice backs on your jaw as much as possible. It's probably better to do it now rather than waiting until the pain is a lot worse, if they get impacted it will probably hurt more.

Just follow the doctor's orders and you'll manage it. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I know my mom had to have all 4 of her wisdom teeth out when she was pregnant with me, but I have no idea what kind of painkillers were used and such.
    Anonymous