Horrible wife? I'm enjoying...

my husband not being here. Because of the commute and crazy work schedules my husband has been, and will continue to for a month, stay with friends & family near his office. This leaves me alone with our 3 kids and we are loving it! We go out to eat, hang out with friends, go out etc. We are handling all the household stuff just fine since he doesn't do anything anyways except make the money. I text/talk to him multiple times a day so he feels missed but in reality I am fine. We see him roughly once/week. Am I terribly awful?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I stayed married longer than I would have bc my x was always gone like that! The household ran better when he was gone. It's all good....then they come home and you are back to square one! The good side of that is that when they come home it's honeymoon time all over again! Woo Hoo!!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• No. I dont think you are.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It would be different if you had to work and you were divorced or widowed.
    Anonymous

• he may be enjoying himself too..i wouldnt feel bad
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• i know for me, i'd be missing my dh:( so would my babies.but i dont think you're a bad wife because of it..however how long has he been gone? because if he's been gone like a week or two and you're fine,..thats probably "normal" but if its been this way for over a month than wow...
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• op here - lol@mywonderyears. no it's not been months. they get into "crunch time" for a couple months a year and this schedule happens. This is the first time it has happened though since we moved and his commute is a long one to make at midnight only to have to go back at 7am. this craziness has only been going on a few weeks.
    Anonymous

• NO I THINK ITS GREAT!!!
    Anonymous

• No hun, you're fine.
    You are just independent and there is nothing wrong with that :)

Now if you begin to dread him comming home again - then you have an issue.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• On of the happist couples I know does not live togther. They liv about an hour apart and stay togther on the weekends. If you saw thm in public together you would think they whre newlyweds.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2010