Test results more accurate???

Are test results more accurate in the morning? Has anyone taken a test in the afternoon and it came out negative then took another the next morning and it came out positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, I took 4 test. One in the morning, one in the evening, and the other 2 i don't remember the times......Anyways, they all came out positive..
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Your urine is more concentrated in the morning which is why they recommend taking the test then. If you just refrain from peeing for about four hours you can get the same result no matter what time of day.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• on Mar 31ST I took a HPT at 10pm at night. (the night before my period.) It was negative.
    I took another Apr 1ST first thing in the morning and it was positive. (the day I missed my period.)
    Took a digital with with the afternoon urine and it was negative.
    Took my 2nd digital at 6pm Apr 1st and it was positive!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• It is recommended you use the first mornings urine, but some tests are not as sensative as others to pick up the HCG levels and depending on when you concieved and when implantation occured your body may not be registering it yet. that is why they say wait till after the missed period and retake several more days after if the first came out negative. If you are truly pregnant it will be postative even if very faint. I did the EPT + - tests, but then I went to the digital for my last two and they were clear as day to read. Also I would use a cup and dip the stick in it for the alotted amount of time to be sure I got the most amount of urine on the stick.
    Anonymous

• I've taken them in the evening and gotten very clear positives.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2010