Does anyone else not have cell phones?

We had to get rid of ours because we could no longer afford it. Does anyone else not have cell phones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We only have prepaid and we hardly ever use them. I have so many minutes on them for that reason. We could really live without them.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have mine and DH's turned off this month, we had a unexpected car repair this month. We use pay as you go plans only for that reason. If I cant afford it I can turn it off for however long I need to and not have to pay some huge fee because of it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I have my hubby's old pay-as-you-go just in case I have an emergency. It gets used about 5 minutes a month if that so it currently has about $90 in credits on it. I loathe cell phones with a passion but if I break down I need to be able to call for help because nobody stops anymore because they all assume everyone has cell phones.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I did not get a cell phone until 2008 because I was pregnant and I thought at 35 yrs old it was about time to get with the rest of society. I really don't use it that often, it is nice to text husband and day care though.
    tazkitty

Answer by tazkitty at 9:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I got mine in 2003. My daughter was 3 and diagnosed with diabetes. I knew that if she was ever going to be in any one else's care I had to have one. Now we don't use landlines, so the cost is the same. I could live without it but I wouldn't save any more because we'd have to get a home phone instead.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I just have a prepaid phone for emergencies.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I cannot live without my cell phone. It has become a permanent attachment to my person. Haha.
    Where do you live? Are there maybe prepaid plans in your area?
    For example, Cricket just went nationwide. You can use their service pretty much anywhere throughout
    the USA. Anyways, they have good plans. Everything is unlimited, and yes, I do mean unlimited.
    They also have plans that include international text (pics too) and navigation. For like 50 bucks a month.
    I have had them for more than two years, so far so good.
    Oh yeah, and before I forget, they don't have contracts.
    So check it out and see if they have service in your area. It's really very affordable, and having unlimited
    minutes and texts is just AWESOME! Good luck!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2010

• $50 per month chavela? WOW thats spendy, We use virgin mobile and for $25 we get 300 minutes per month (we only use about 200) unlimited text, pics, web, and GPS. No contract and i can turn it off if need be for a month or two. You can get plans with more talk time if you need it and still stay under the $50. I guess it all depends on how much you talk.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2010