confession time! whens the last time you stole something and how guilty did you feel?!?!

i began shoplifting little things when i was in college for thrills, and sometimes i still cant help but every once in a while to do so. i feel so totally bad afterwards but its a real rush thing! yesterday i stole a small bottle of conditioner from a target, only bc it was $25 and i figured it must be some type of miracle, so i lifted it! urghh i feel like such a bum!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i steal stuff from the supermarket or target quite often actually. not loads of stuff ... but ill just hide a few things here and there that are super expensive. im broke, i cant afford my life and im sorry but if i steal a bottle of shampoo from stop n shop, nobody is going to go without because of that bottle of shampoo. these are billion dollar companys. would i steal from a person? no. from a store, yes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• You need help!
    Anonymous

• I would try to find my thrills somewhere else lol
    I dont think I ever stole anything....other than like a grape cause I wanted to see if they were sour.....I didnt feel bad.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• You should feel guilty. People wind up losing their jobs when people steal from stores, less profits means less money to spend on staff and other expenses. If you can't stop yourself from doing it then you should consult a therapist.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I accidentally stole duct tape. I got some & my son (21 months old) wanted to hold it. I checked out and left the store. When I got to the car & got my son out, I saw the tape wedged in between him & my purse. I didn't go back into the store to buy it. I didn't think it was that big of a deal...I found it a bit humorous, too.
    Anonymous

• people like you make it harder for the rest of the world. just because you stole it doesn't make it free. prices go up every time you steel. you're not just steeling from a store, you're steeling from honest people who actually pay for the things they want/need.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Technically about a month ago... And I don't feel guilty at all. We were at WalMart, and standing in line to ring out for 25mins when the lights went out... They got half way through ringing my order up when the registers went down and they told us we had to leave. Although I didn't open the water til after it was rung up I couldn't pay for it because the register went down, so I just took it... Do I feel bad? No, not at all... They should have better systems for when stuff like this happens...

Otherwise, I was probably a teen the last time I actually STOLE something on purpose... And I don't ever remember feeling any guilt then either... Had I felt guilty, I wouldn't have done it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Some fish a few weeks ago. It was at walmart we had got 10 of those 39 cent gold fish and one died before we got to the cash register and the bag was leaking so i wasn't going to get them I was going to talk to the cashier about them, my husband was holding it and i was paying for everything while my son was pitching a fit and between all the chaos I forgot to tell her about the bag leaking and the one dying so i didn't want them when i got out to the car i realized he still had them, he thought i had payed for them I forgot all about them.., I felt a little guilty.
    Anonymous

• I "stole" a scarf about a month ago as a pp said it got under the diaper bag and i didn't realize it until we got to the car and figured oh well. I don't feel guilty. I feel like it was a mistake but that happens. Maybe I should have went back in and payed or brought it back because i didn't want it anyways but oh well. The last time I really stole something was when I was about 13 my mom refused to let me buy thongs so I stole them or silly stuff like candy I was scared that i would get caught but once i walked out the store I was fine. Like sabrina said if i felt quilty i wouldn't have kept doing it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2010

• I'm not a thief, I don't and never have stolen things. I've had things stolen from me, however, and I wouldn't want to put that feeling on someone else. Plus, I have a really strong conscience that won't allow me to do things like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2010