Anyone a radiology tech/x-ray tech or along those lines?

Dr. looked at the x-ray and said he didn't see anything broken, but would wait for a report from the radiologist. We got it in the mail and it says:

"A 4 mm well corticated bone nodule adjacent to the tip of the lateral malleolous is thought to be a supernumerary bone."

Then states the results will be discussed at the next appt. (which we haven't made yet, I am calling tomorrow).

X-ray was done because the ankle was sprained 4 weeks ago, and didn't go to the doc, because usually they don't do anything for sprains. So, now there is still pain/swelling, that's why the x-ray was done. Any idea what the report means?

JandAsMommy

Asked by JandAsMommy at 10:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2010 in Health

• go look up all the terms and fill in the blanks. Thats what I did to understand my mom's surgery report.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2010